Log in

Log in

Rock Cut Cellars Tour-Nuernberg - CANCELLED !

  • 20 Jun 2012
  • 11:00
  • Berg Str. 19, Nuernberg


  • 4.5e fee registration for the Rock Cut Cellars Tour

Registration is closed
A guided tour in German language of the dungeons in Nuernberg. RSVP by June 15th. Entry : 4,50 Euros

Originally, these rock-cut cellars were used primarily for the making and storing of beer. In fact, the first reference to their existence has to do with the storage of beer. In an ordinance of the Nuremberg town council dated November 11, 1380, it is decreed that anyone intending to brew and sell beer must have a cellar of his own, "ten feet long and sixteen feet wide."

With the introduction of mechanical refrigeration, the rock-cut cellars lost their significance as beer-storage facilities. During the devastating air raids of World War II, many citizens of Nuremberg sought and found shelter in the historic beer cellars.

Today, a tract of cellars directly beneath the Altstadthof Brewery is once again being used for the storage of several tasty beer specialities.

International Women's Group e.V. in Herzogenaurach, Germany | Impressum

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software